TOP TEN REASONS YOU SHOULD JOIN OUR TEMPLE JUDEA FAMILY
10. We welcome all of any age, marital status, sexual orientation, race or financial means.
9. We are conveniently located right off the L.I.E., exit 36.
Our members live in various communities on the North Shore of Long Island, including: Manhasset, Manhasset Hills, Munsey Park, Roslyn, Roslyn Heights, East Hills, Port Washington, Flower Hill, Sands Point, Great Neck, Williston Park, Herricks, Albertson, and North Hills to name a few.
8. We are a diverse, caring, multi-generational, multi-ethnic community.
Our congregation is comprised of singles and couples as well as traditional, non-traditional and interfaith families. We consider our members as family, enveloped in a warm and welcoming environment – a true second home.
7. Our Temple sits atop eight park like acres.
Our facilities include: a ball room with a 350 guest capacity, various smaller venues, our religious school wing and our unique Holocaust Resource Center dedicated in 1994.
6. We’re just the right size!
With around 350 family membership, we are large enough to offer a broad and rewarding number of programs and groups, but small enough to encourage a warm, intimate and personal environment. At Temple Judea, we do not need split sessions for High Holiday Services.
5. Our Rabbi, Todd Chizner, is a dedicated and compassionate spiritual leader, exuding warmth, wisdom and humor.
Rabbi Chizner joined Temple Judea as just our third rabbi in over 50 years. He provides inspiring sermons, excellent advice and counsel and is significantly involved in all aspects of our Temple.
4. Our Cantor, Abbe Sher, also leads and inspires us with her beautiful voice. Her ability to prepare our children for Bar and Bat Mitzvah is outstanding.
Listening and joining in the singing of prayers, accompanied by our professional choir or other musicians, is a treat.
3. Our innovative Religious School connects our children and their families to our rich Jewish heritage through 21st century learning.
Through the use of technology and other engaging methodologies, students explore their personal relationships with God, Torah, the land of Israel and the Jewish people. The Rabbi and Cantor work closely with all students, contributing to their Jewish education and forming bonds for a lifetime.
2. We are a Reform temple with Shabbat services on Friday nights and Saturday mornings.
We invite you to attend our Shabbat services and our programs, which will stir your soul, rejuvenate your spirit, engage your mind and leave you feeling a sense of connection with a community that cares.
1. We love our Temple Judea. You will too!
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
There are many benefits to membership in Temple Judea of Manhasset:
- All members have access to our outstanding clergy and receive complimentary High Holy Day tickets to all services for each adult member of your household and your children (25 years and younger).
- Members can attend a variety of religious and educational programs at no charge or at a reduced cost.
- Opportunities to get involved. Get involved in our Social Justice, Israel Matters, Caring Community and other programs. Members receive our newsletter, Voice of Judea.
As a member, you will, enhance your Jewish life, share holidays, special occasions and life-cycle events with family & community, provide yourself and your children with a strong Jewish identity, grow spiritually and intellectually, make lifelong friends, gain support and comfort in times of difficulty or loss, be counted in a relevant way to ensure Jewish survival and continuity, have the opportunity to help others, support the State of Israel, get involved in a vibrant community, we comfort each other during difficult times and celebrate each other’s joys.