From the President
For decades, Temple Judea of Manhasset has stood as a beacon of Reform Judaism on Long Island’s North Shore. I welcome the challenge of adding to our rich legacy while adapting to the changing needs of our community. Let me share what I think is so special about Temple Judea:
- Ours is an intimate congregation, where members interact personally with clergy, who know them on a first-name basis.
- We welcome Jews of all stripes, and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, age, or ethnicity.
- We host our own Holocaust Resource Center, dedicated to preserve the memory of those lost in the Shoah while always looking toward a better future.
- We recently celebrated Rabbi Todd Chizner’s 10-year anniversary as our spiritual leader. We have been fortunate to have had only 3 rabbis since the congregation was founded in 1955. This is a testament to the stability of our congregation and the success of our leaders.
- Our Cantor, Abbe Sher, has a beautiful voice and a presence that lights up the sanctuary every week.
- We have an innovative and flexible religious school program, led by our outstanding religious school director, Lauren Reznikoff.
- We have a beautiful campus, easily accessible from several of Long Island’s major roadways and nestled between the communities of Albertson, Herricks, Manhasset, Port Washington, and Roslyn.
Don’t take my word for it, though; come and see for yourself! Visit us for a service, join one of our many committees, attend one of our programs, and come meet our board and staff. We are ready to welcome you with open arms.