Our Jewish educational program provides an environment in which all children are welcomed as part of a community. Through this community, students:
- Connect to their Jewish heritage as they begin to decode Hebrew prayers, learn about the meanings of the prayers, and practice the prayers within the context of a worship service.
- Become familiar with the stories and traditions of our people
- Discover a personal connection to the land and people of Israel
- Find meaning in tradition through an exploration of Jewish values
Our program integrates camp-inspired learning as a way to engage learners. Scavenger hunts, iPads, and yoga are some of the methodologies that are used. Family learning activities complement our school curriculum.
Our Curriculum and Class Schedule:
Grade 3: Wednesdays 4:00 – 5:45 pm
Grade 4: Wednesdays 4:00 – 5:45 pm
Grade 5: Wednesdays 4:00 – 5:45 pm AND 30 minutes per week of small group Hebrew instruction, Wednesdays 3:30 – 4:00 pm or 5:45 – 6:15 pm.*
Grade 6: Wednesdays 6:15 – 7:30 pm AND 30 minutes per week of small group Hebrew instruction, Wednesdays 5:45 – 6:15 pm. *
* Hebrew instruction can be scheduled another day mid-week.
Students in grades 3 – 6 will participate in our innovative Journeys program, in addition to the weekly class session and the additional Hebrew instruction for grades 5 & 6. Journeys provides an opportunity for families to come together with other families to share Jewish experiences, including holiday celebrations. Families choose from the following mitzvah tracks: Love of Israel, Caring for ourselves, Caring for Others, and Study of Torah.
Grades 8-12: Please click here for more information about our Community Chai School
We invite you to visit our school in session and see what the Temple Judea community can offer for you and your family. Please contact our Director, Lauren Resnikoff, RJE at 516-621-8212 to arrange a visit.